4th Grade to Adult
Artistic Expression Class
Evening Activity (6:30-8:00 pm)
Students will learn about the history of printing. They will learn the ancient technique of block printing to express a natural history event experienced or inspired while at Wolf Ridge. Students will take home their original 3″ x 3″ art block for future printing, as well as 6-12 printed cards.
Evening activities are taught by chaperones unless otherwise noted.
- The natural environment has many obvious and subtle impacts upon human history and culture.
- Art is an expression of human thoughts and feelings.
- Craftsmanship is important in producing quality products.
- List, explain, and give examples of the four types of printing.
- Create a print from a block cut.
- Describe the natural history experience that inspired their creation.