4th Grade to Adult
- Renewable energy is energy that comes from the sun in more recent times. Non-renewable energy is the sun’s energy stored deep in the earth.
- We consider environmental health, money, and resource availability when deciding on an energy source.
- Humans have the ingenuity to create solutions to our problems through engineering.
- Awareness, knowledge, and appreciation lead to an understanding of our impact on earth.
- Define renewable and non-renewable energy sources, and give examples of each.
- Describe four renewable energy systems used at Wolf Ridge, including the source of energy and whether it produces heat or electricity for our daily lives.
- Understand how technology can reduce the impact of CO2 pollution.
- Use engineering practices to design the most efficient wind turbine.
- Recommend personal actions they will take to reduce their energy and CO2 footprint.