| 4th Grade - Adult
| Half Day 3 hrs
Students explore solar, wind and biomass sources of renewable energy using photovoltaic panels, wind tower models, and our energy center wood-fired boilers. Working examples of renewable energy in use at Wolf Ridge provide live examples. STEM goals are met in this class through hands-on technology.
Upon completion of the Renewable Energy class, students will be able to:
- Understand that climate change is occurring.
- Briefly describe how their energy habits could affect ecological change on earth.
- Define atmosphere, greenhouse gases, climate, ecology, carbon footprint, energy conservation, energy efficiency and renewable vs. non-renewable fuels.
- Describe the hierarchy choices necessary to reduce CO2 released into the atmosphere.
- Analyze climate change current events seen in the media.
- Recommend personal actions they can take in reducing their carbon footprint.