| 4th Grade - Adult
| Evening 1.5 hrs
Students will learn about the history of paper making and discover the ecological and economic benefits of using recycled paper. Using a variety of used waste paper students will shred, blend, and roll these reprocessed paper fibers onto a deckle, eventually drying at least four of their own sheets overnight in a special dryer.
Upon completion of the Paper Making evening activity, students will be able to:
- List materials other than tree fiber that make paper.
- Explain two ways that our paper use affects the environment.
- Understand the definitions of renewable and nonrenewable resources.
- Judge how some paper products are friendlier to the environment than others.
- Show how consumer demand influences the paper industry.
- Make recycled paper using a simple process.