4th Grade to Adult
To explore our senses and our environment in the dark.
Evening Activity (6:30-8:00 pm)
Students will hike a designated route, stopping at various points to do activities. These activities will lead to a better understanding of nighttime communications and senses. Students will have the opportunity to sit alone and experience the night environment.
Evening activities are taught by chaperones unless otherwise noted.
- All living things acquire physical and behavioral adaptations to be successful in their environment.
- People can overcome their fear or discomfort of the darkness through knowledge of and familiarity with it.
- Humans learn about their world through their senses, investigation and experimentation.
- Compare how the use of our senses differs in the darkness and light.
- Describe something about the night experience that was new and surprising.
- Discuss how their emotions about the night have changed following the hike and activities.