4th Grade to Adult
- Farming requires a good understanding of ecological, mechanical and financial disciplines.
- Soil is a complex diversified community including physical, chemical and biological properties.
- Plant diversity and organic farming methods provides important management considerations.
- How we grow food will have a global impact, positive or negative, with important environmental issues including climate change, diversity loss, and extractive economies.
- Define “agriculture” and distinguish between “soil” and “dirt.”
- Understand plant and nutrient cycles, and identify specific vegetables and food crops.
- Understand how the Wolf Ridge Organic Farm fits into the larger food & farming system
- Share thoughts and ideas on what it might feel like to be a farmer.