4th Grade to Adult
- Changes in nature are affected by changes in Earth’s climate and atmosphere created by CO2 emissions from human energy behavior.
- Documenting ecological conditions at a given point in time provides an opportunity to track and verify change over time.
- Collecting data and making observations are processes of knowing in science.
- Humans have a great ability to alter natural systems, and a responsibility to consider the effects of their actions.
- Life on Earth has adapted to change over time; life cannot survive abrupt and fast changes.
- Describe the relationship between humans and climate change.
- Define climate change, ecology, phenology, and adapt.
- Examine phenology events to understand how climate change can affect earth’s ecology.
- Construct a digital ecology snapshot to capture presence/absence data and current phenology.
- Understand cause and effect relationships through scientific data.