4th Grade to Adult
- Unlike many animals, humans need tools to help them navigate.
- Navigating with a partner takes patience, practice, and respect for people and ideas.
- Challenges provide opportunities for learning and growth.
- Becoming skilled in orienteering leads to being more confident in new territory.
- When we are comfortable being in remote areas, we can begin to appreciate wilderness decisions.
- Find freedom away from large groups to experience the woods.
- Explain the use of landmarks in navigation.
- Describe how a compass works.
- Walk a straight line to a destination using a compass, including taking a bearing and measuring distances by pacing.
- Cooperatively work with a partner by demonstrating they can stay together, use sighting, help each other, and make