Half Day / 3 Hours
4th Grade to Adult
What can we learn about ourselves and each other by doing challenging activities?
Each of the two Wolf Ridge adventure ropes courses (Skyview and Ridgetop) consists of six events separated by towers, roughly 25-30 feet off the ground. Students will traverse the course while attached to safety lines. Students can use their ropes course experiences as metaphors for their everyday lives.
To conduct the ropes course, Wolf Ridge requires one trained instructor and three additional adult supervisors (18 years or older). For classes of twelve students or fewer, Wolf Ridge requires only two additional adult supervisors.
- Challenges provide opportunities for learning and growth.
- Safe ropes course experiences require the use of safety equipment and proper training.
- Problem solving, decision making, self awareness, and risk assessment are skills which empower us to reach our goals
- Understanding and respecting others enables people to work together effectively as a community.
- Skills used to overcome a specific challenge can be applied to many situations.
- Set goals for an individually successful ropes course experience, and identify potential challenges to those goals
- Understand the ropes course rules and proper use of safety equipment
- Recognize personal strengths, abilities, and limitations, as well as those of others
- Actively participate in ropes course experiences, such as attempting the course, acting as a ground partner, and assisting adult supervisors
- Understand that the ropes course experiences can apply to everyday life challenges