Wolf Ridge During COVID-19
Updated June 12, 2020
As the coronavirus pandemic continues, this page offers a summary of how we are adapting our programs and campus. Our priority remains the safety and well being of our participants and staff.
Stories about our response to COVID-19 can be found in our May Almanac Newsletter.
Wolf Ridge Campus Currently Closed to Public Use
- Staff and planned deliveries only.
Wolf Ridge Farm
- We are excited to be growing food to distribute through the AEOA at local food shelves this summer.
- Look for “order out” weekly wood-fired pizza nights on Fridays beginning June 19. Check our home page for announcements and details.
Summer Camps for Youth and Families
- All summer 2020 camps, trips, groups, and workshops have been canceled.
2020-21 School Year Programs
- Wolf Ridge is reviewing the recently released CDC recommendations for schools and residential programs as we make plans for the coming school year.
- We plan to open for school and group visits in September, providing state and federal guidelines allow this.
- Schools with existing reservations will be sent occasional updates over the summer.
- Inquiries: Email email@example.com to talk about bringing your group to Wolf Ridge – new groups are always welcome!
Online Learning Opportunities Through Wolf Ridge
Learn About Bird Banding and Research
Are you interested in learning how scientists study bird populations, and in seeing live birds up close? Join us for a series of LIVE Zoom sessions to experience and learn more about birds from local and national experts. See details about Bird Banding Education
Adventures in Learning Curriculum
Wolf Ridge is excited to provide standards-based lessons for learners of all ages. Students explore Wolf Ridge and outside in their own backyards – experiencing nature from a variety of perspectives including – science, history, culture, art, and literature. Each can be used as an interactive StoryMap, video, and online student worksheets, or as a paper-based lesson to deliver to students. Ten standards-based lessons have been released. Over the summer, additional lessons will be added every other week. See Wolf Ridge’s online Adventures in Learning.
Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have additional questions.
- Our contact form is the easiest way for us to route your question to the correct person.
- You can also call 218-353-7414. Please leave a message. We will return your call within a week.
Wishing you good health,
Wolf Ridge ELC