This information is current as of January 10, 2022. As the coronavirus pandemic evolves this page offers a summary of how we are adapting our programs and campus. Please check for updates.
Covid Visitor Policy
Wolf Ridge is open to those who have registered for one of our day use or overnight programs, including visiting school groups.
If you are not part of a registered group, you are still welcome to use any of our trails, but please remain outdoors and practice social distancing after signing in at our main office (masking is required).
School Programs 2021-22
Overnight K-12 groups
Our school year naturalists have started training, and we are getting ready for groups to arrive! Our priority remains the safety and well-being of participants and staff. The staff and board of directors maintain regular contact with the local Health Department and will note any modifications here.
If you would like to discuss your group’s planned visit or to request potential dates for a new group, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 218-353-7414.
Education programs at your location
If your group would like WRELC staff to provide one of these experiences for your school or group, please contact email@example.com.
Risk Mitigation Protocols
Masking indoors is required for everyone on the Wolf Ridge campus and/or participating in our programs, guests and staff, vaccinated or not. The only exceptions are when actively eating/drinking or sleeping, or residing in a private residence.
If a group has to be in close proximity while outdoors during a class, the Wolf Ridge naturalist may ask participants to wear a mask.
Wolf Ridge Staff
In an effort to protect the staff and participants and avoid the risk of our staff becoming the source of a COVID exposure, Wolf Ridge requires vaccination of all Wolf Ridge staff members. If a WR staff member cannot show proof of vaccination they take a weekly COVID test and provide evidence of the result to the Administration. Weekly on-site COVID tests are available to all staff members.
Wolf Ridge Program Participants
There is no vaccination or testing requirement for participants and guests at this time.
COVID related programming changes for safer engagement with our education participants:
- Priority to outdoor programming: In order to reduce potential transmission, classes and activities have been modified to be outdoors nearly all the time. Gathering will occur indoors but times will be limited. Weather will play a factor in amount of indoor time.
- Large group Evening programs: We are conducting them all outdoors if possible. Weather will be a factor that affects their conduction. If indoors, everyone is fully masked and will be asked to socially distance throughout the space. Evening programs will be presented to only 1 school at a time when possible to reduce extended contact between different schools
- Cancelled classes: Until further notice classes with extended periods of indoor time will not be conducted: Rock Climbing, Energy in the Home, Seeds of Change, Renewable Energy, and StarLab Planetarium.
- Indoor demonstrations: Demonstrations have all been adapted to be outdoors when possible
- Plexi-glass Shields: Have been installed where closer face/face interactions may predictably occur: Both Dining Hall serving lines, Office reception desk, and the retail store check-out station. In all those places masks are still required indoors.
- Upgraded Ventilation Systems: In the residence lodges the filtration systems have been upgraded to the MERV-13 level as recommended by our Epidemiologist. The ventilation systems have been upgraded to either longer run times or with automatic ventilation speed adjustments as per occupancy.
- Sanitizing Stations: Freestanding stations have been installed at the entrance to the Dining Hall serving lines, and the main entrances to all buildings. In smaller outpost buildings tabletop pumps have been provided.
- Touchless soap/towel dispensers: Our entire facility has been moved to touchless dispensers.
- Staff Housing: In our Lakeview Staff Loge the community of staff conducts a weekly random sample of a resident who is tested for COVID. Results are provided to the administration.
- Campus Visitors: General public visitors are required to sign-in at the front desk and are not allowed in any other building without prior approval.
You can download a PDF of our COVID guidelines here.
Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have additional questions. Our contact form is the easiest way for us to route your question to the correct person. You can also call 218-353-7414. Please leave a message if we are not available. We will return your call.
Wishing you good health,
Wolf Ridge ELC