Are you ready to become the best weather forecaster around? Using our powers of observation we will begin to unravel the mystery of how changes in our atmosphere shape our day-to-day weather. Soon your meteorological expertise will have everyone asking you what the weather is going to be!
For this Wolf Ridge Adventures in Learning lesson, you will…
- Learn what creates our weather.
- Use tools to measure the current weather conditions.
- Make a forecast predicting what the weather will be like in 12 hours.
- Write or draw in your nature journal about the experience.
This Weather StoryMap presentation has everything you need. Click to start, then scroll through the pictures, questions, videos, and links. Do the suggested activities along the way.
Share your Adventure
Are you interested in sharing how the Wolf Ridge Adventures in Learning series has inspired you to get outside, explore, and learn? Submissions will be posted on the new Wolf Ridge Adventures in Learning blog. Submit a photo of
- your nature journal entry
- an outdoor discovery
- something you made as part of your learning adventure
- ways you are using the Adventures in Learning lessons and activities
Lesson support for teachers and parents
Help us create more great content
Experience Wolf Ridge in person
Bring your school or group