Explore the sound of science. What role does sound play for our health? What can the soundscape tell us about the health of an ecosystem?
For this Wolf Ridge Adventure in Learning, you will…
- Listen to a recording of nature sounds compiled from over 150 National Parks across the country.
- Explore what makes a soundscape.
- Learn from scientists who study what we can learn from the changes in natural sounds over time.
- Go on a soundscape tour of the Twin Cities.
This Soundscape Ecology StoryMap presentation has everything you need. Click to start, then scroll through the pictures, questions, videos, and links. Do the suggested activities along the way.
Share your Adventure
Are you interested in sharing how the Wolf Ridge Adventures in Learning series has inspired you to get outside, explore, and learn? Submissions will be posted on the new Wolf Ridge Adventures in Learning blog. Submit a photo of
- your nature journal entry
- an outdoor discovery
- something you made as part of your learning adventure
- ways you are using the Adventures in Learning lessons and activities
Help us create more great content
Experience Wolf Ridge in person
Bring your school or group