Pizza isn’t just delicious– making your own from scratch is a great way to learn about nutrition and healthy eating. Cassidy and Alexa give you tips to use to create your own scrumptious treat, and the accompanying lesson’s recipes and activities will inspire you even more!
For this Wolf Ridge Adventures in Learning lesson, you will…
- Follow the process of making a pizza from scratch using Wolf Ridge’s wood-fired pizza oven.
- Watch a video or read a description of how pizza is made from start to finish.
- Identify basic food groups while making a pita pizza.
- Engage in a mindful eating practice.
- Record observations in your nature journal.
This Pizza and Nutrition StoryMap presentation has everything you need. Click to start, then scroll through the pictures, questions, videos, and links. Do the suggested activities along the way.
Share your Adventure
Are you interested in sharing how the Wolf Ridge Adventures in Learning series has inspired you to get outside, explore, and learn? Submissions will be posted on the new Wolf Ridge Adventures in Learning blog. Submit a photo of
- your nature journal entry
- an outdoor discovery
- something you made as part of your learning adventure
- ways you are using the Adventures in Learning lessons and activities
Lesson support for teachers and parents
Help us create more great content
Experience Wolf Ridge in person
Bring your school or group