- Maple trees play an important role in several different ecosystems – food, forest, and money.
- The basic principles of maple syruping have remained the same since its discovery; gather and concentrate.
- Math can be used to solve real-world problems.
Upon completion of Maple Syruping lesson students will be able to:
- Explain the syruping process from raw sap to the end product of maple syrup.
- Solve real-world math problems involving a maple syrup business.
- Identify Maple trees based on twig color, bud shape, and leaf attachment pattern.