Who grows your food? Have you ever met your farmer? Join us down at the Wolf Ridge farm to meet Sarah who helps grow tons (literally) of food that we eat at Wolf Ridge. Once we start to learn about what goes into producing food it’s your turn to get some seeds going. Soon you will have grown some yummy greens!
For this Wolf Ridge Adventures in Learning lesson, you will…
- Learn what it takes for the Wolf Ridge organic farm to make food and get it to someone’s plate.
- See what’s happening during this time of the year on the Wolf Ridge farm and explore the farm to table chain.
- Track your nutrition and physical activity for 2 weeks and gain a better understanding of your dietary habits and where your food is coming from.
- Sprout some seeds to see what a plant really needs in order to grow.
- Add observations to your nature journal.
This Food and Farming StoryMap presentation has everything you need. Click to start, then scroll through the pictures, questions, videos, and links. Do the suggested activities along the way.
Share your Adventure
Are you interested in sharing how the Wolf Ridge Adventures in Learning series has inspired you to get outside, explore, and learn? Submissions will be posted on the new Wolf Ridge Adventures in Learning blog. Submit a photo of
- your nature journal entry
- an outdoor discovery
- something you made as part of your learning adventure
- ways you are using the Adventures in Learning lessons and activities
Lesson support for teachers and parents
Help us create more great content
Experience Wolf Ridge in person
Bring your school or group