Birds are flying by! Have you seen and heard them? We will be taking a quick look at some birds found around Wolf Ridge and getting really close though a research process called banding. Then we all will be heading outside to find who is living near you! Who is migrating though? We will also begin our nature journals this week to help us notice what is happening in nature around us.
For this Wolf Ridge Adventure in Learning, you will…
- take part in an online StoryMap lesson and video (or alternatively read a short printed story/information sheet about birds,)
- read a poem about birds and complete a set of questions about it,
- go outside and make your own observations of birds to inspire a poem of your own in a nature journal.
This Birds! StoryMap presentation has everything you need. Click to start, then scroll through the pictures, questions, videos, and links. Do the suggested activities along the way.
Share your Adventure
Are you interested in sharing how the Wolf Ridge Adventures in Learning series has inspired you to get outside, explore, and learn? Submissions will be posted on the new Wolf Ridge Adventures in Learning blog. Submit a photo of
- your nature journal entry
- an outdoor discovery
- something you made as part of your learning adventure
- ways you are using the Adventures in Learning lessons and activities
Lesson support for teachers and parents
Help us create more great content
Experience Wolf Ridge in person
Bring your school or group