4th Grade to Adult
- Food is produced on a diversity of farms using a wide range of methods of production and scales of operation.
- Farming requires a broad knowledge of mechanical, physical, chemical, and biological systems.
- Everything in nature is interconnected, and everything in agriculture is dependent on nature.
- Being good stewards of the land through our food production and personal consumption choices will greatly affect the health of ourselves and the earth’s ecosystems.
- Define “agriculture” and distinguish between “soil” and “dirt.”
- Understand plant and nutrient cycles and ID specific vegetables and food crops.
- Understand how the Wolf Ridge Organic Farm fits into the larger food & farming system.
- Explain how to prepare for, plant, harvest, and clean vegetables.
- Share new ideas about soil and plants that they did not know before the class began.
- Share thoughts and ideas on what it might feel like to be a farmer.