Wilderness Trips for Grades 7-12
Take a few steps off the beaten path and explore remote wild rivers, lakes, and forests with a Wolf Ridge naturalist-guide. From the ancient forests of the Boundary Waters and the Quetico to the cobblestone and sand beaches of Lake Superior, Wolf Ridge takes you to truly amazing places.
Whether you are a newcomer to the ways of the woods or a seasoned wilderness traveler, these wilderness trips are tailored to adventurers looking to challenge themselves, build confidence, and develop life-long community and wilderness skills.
Due to health and safety concerns surrounding COVID-19, Wolf Ridge will not be hosting any groups or camps between now and September 1, 2020. Our priority during this time is the safety and well being of our participants, staff, and the broader community. See all COVID-19 updates.
Entering Grades 7-8
- BWCAW 5-day Canoe – This introductory canoe trip focuses on building a foundation in backcountry skills and a connection to wild places. Two days in camp, five days on trail.
- Superior Hiking Trail 5-day Backpack – Experience the freedom of exploring the great Northwoods with your own two feet. Two days in camp, five days on trail.
Entering Grades 8-9
- Adventurers Northwoods 5-day Sea Kayak – This introductory sea kayaking trip will explore the rugged and beautiful bays and islands of Voyageurs National Park, while learning the basics of sea kayaking on the bigger waters of the park. Two days in camp, five days on trail.
- 2-week Adventurers BWCAW Canoe – Seven days of camp fun along with seven days of canoeing into the heart of Minnesota’s Boundary Waters. Seven days in camp, seven days on trail.
- 2-week Adventurers Isle Royale Backpack – Hike across Isle Royale National Park, one of America’s truly unique landscapes. Seven days in camp, seven days on trail.
Entering Grades 10-12