Open House – June 23, 2018
1 of 8
Try the Adventure Ropes course.
2 of 8
Hike to beautiful overlooks.
3 of 8
Meet our education animals.
4 of 8
Rock climb on our indoor wall.
5 of 8
Canoe on Wolf or Raven Lake.
6 of 8
Tour the sustainable Margaret A. Cargill Lodge.
7 of 8
Check out the organic farm.
8 of 8
Gift store will be open.
Join us for a day of outdoor fun and adventure. Members, local community folks, and curious passers-by are all welcome to enjoy a day of indoor rock climbing, adventure ropes, meeting our live raptors and porcupine, hiking, and canoeing. All events are free.
Special event this year!
Come to the new dorm at 10, noon, or 2:00 for an Insider Tour of the new Margaret A. Cargill Lodge. MAC Lodge has been built to the highest international standard for sustainability, the “Living Building Challenge”. Fully certified projects are “net zero” in water and energy usage, and meet additional standards, many of which are now driving the construction trades and manufacturers to create new products and modify others to be more sustainable. Learn more about the project.
We have some great stories to tell. Stop by for a tour!
Please check in at the office when you arrive.
Come for all or part of the day.
Important Footwear Note:
Planning to Rock Climb or try the Adventure Ropes Course? No sandals or five-finger style shoes. Close-toed footwear is required for both activities!
10 AM – 4 PM
Office – First Stop!
- Pick up activity tickets
- Get a map and schedule for the day
- Sign liability forms
Margaret A. Cargill Lodge
- Guided tours at 10, noon, and 2.
- Rock Climb (max of 2 climbs/person)
- Meet our Education Animals
- Gift Shop Open
Around Campus – see map
- Adventure Ropes (max 2 trips/person, must be entering 2nd grade)
- Open Canoeing (equipment provided)
- Open Hiking
- Picnic areas available
Organic Farm – located along the driveway in, look for sign
- Tour the green houses to see what is growing
- Visit unique projects like the bee hotel, shitake mushroom, and research fields
- See the soil cultivation project with the new pigs
- Tour the food prep building
- Visit with the farmer