Open House – June 23, 2018
Join us for a day of outdoor fun and adventure. Members, local community folks, and curious passers-by are all welcome to enjoy a day of indoor rock climbing, adventure ropes, meeting our live raptors and porcupine, hiking, and canoeing. All events are free.
Special event this year!
Come to the office at 9, 11, 1, or 2:30 for an Insider Tour of our Living Building Challenge Margaret A. Cargill Lodge Living Building Challenge (LBC) building. LBC is the highest international standard for sustainability. Fully certified projects are “net zero” in water and energy usage, and meet additional standards, many of which are now driving the construction trades and manufacturers to create new products and modify others to be more sustainable.
We have some great stories to tell. Hope you can join us!
Please check in at the office when you arrive.
Come for all or part of the day.
Important Footwear Note:
Planning to Rock Climb or try the Adventure Ropes Course? No sandals or five-finger style shoes. Close-toed footwear is required for both activities!
Schedule for the Day
Tours…… 9, 11, 1, and 2:30
- 9:00: General tour – What is Wolf Ridge? What happens up here? Orientation to campus highlights.
- 11:00, 1:00, and 2:30: Get an insiders tour of the new Margaret A. Cargill Lodge
- Rock Climb (2 climbs/person)
- Adventure Ropes (2 trips/person, must be entering 2nd grade)
- Open Canoeing (equipment provided)
- Open Hiking
- Meet our Education Animals (Science Center)
- Picnic areas available
Stop on by… 1:00-4:00
- Gift Shop Open (Science Center)
- Visit the Organic Farm (look for signs half-way up the driveway)