History of the North Shore
| 4th Grade - Adult
| Evening 1 hrs
Learn about the fur trade, mining, logging, commercial fishing and modern tourism from the people who shaped the culture of the Minnesota’s north shore of Lake Superior. Program includes costumes, music, poetry, stories and slides.
Upon completion of the History of the North Shore class students will be able to:
- Name the two groups of American Indians in Minnesota.
- List the three countries whose flags have flown over northern Minnesota.
- Name the mineral on which the mining industry of northern Minnesota was based.
- Identify the tree species most sought by the early loggers in Minnesota.
- Name the most desirable commercial fish species in Lake Superior at the turn of the century.
- Explain why tourism is considered a sustainable industry.