Cross Country Skiing
Outdoor Recreation Skills
| 4th Grade - Adult
| Half Day 3 hrs
After learning about the history of Nordic skiing and how to fit and use proper equipment, students will prepare to explore the winter woods on skis. Students will receive instructions on basic skiing techniques before they strike out in groups through the snowy hills and valleys of Wolf Ridge’s groomed ski trails.
Upon completion of the Cross Country Skiing class students will be able to:
- Describe how the ski and the sport of skiing have evolved through history.
- Demonstrate proper fit and use of skiing equipment.
- Demonstrate beginning cross-country skiing skills.
- Describe the value of cross-country skiing as an individual exercise and a lifetime sport.
- Explain the role of cross-country skiing in developing an outdoor ethic.